Hi guys! So, last week, while i was meal planning, it was warming up- so I had planned on making slow cooker pulled pork- of course mother nature had to give us below freezing temps, and throw in a snow storm, but that’s not going to discourage me from hoping for spring and warmer weather. And pulled pork just screams summer.
Looks delicious right? And its super easy!
- 4-6 lb Pork shoulder roast or boneless loin
- 1 can of soda (Cola, Dr. Pepper, or Root Beer- No diet)
- 1 Tbsp hickory liquid smoke
- Pork Rub (about 1/4 a cup) or salt & pepper
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
Pork Rub recipe:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp rep pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Rinse Pork, Pat dry. Rub pork rub all over pork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Pour can of soda and liquid smoke all around sides of pork. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork and discard remaining liquid. Remove bone, and shred pork with two forks, removing any excess fat.
- Can either place on hamburger buns, and spread own amount of BBQ sauce on sandwiches OR place back in slow cooker with bottle of BBQ sauce and continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes, until pork is hot again.
And that’s it! Can serve with favorite vegetable, coleslaw, mashed potatoes etc. And enjoy!
We usually use Root Beer for our choice of Soda since my fiance can’t have caffeine & I love how it turns out. But you can use either of the three choices.
For #4- what I do, is place pork in the container i am going to store it in, shred it within that container, and mix in the bbq sauce there. Its usually still hot enough to not be too much of a problem, anyways.
I love using my crock pot! Food always comes out delicious, & makes the house smell yummy all day!
If you try this recipe- let me know how it turns out in the comments below!! 👇 I’d love to hear if you and your family liked it.
If you have any recipes that you would like me to share- let me know! Mommyandmereads@gmail.com
I love trying new recipes- & sharing them with all of you!! ☺